The Gardens To Open Again!
Now, we are delighted to say we are reopening the gardens and really look forward to welcoming visitors every Sunday (11-4pm) from Sunday 2nd August 2020 to 27th September 2020 and also August Bank Holiday Monday.
Tickets can now be pre-booked online below.
Here is a brief guide to our plans to give you an enjoyable & safe visit, which is fully Covid-19 compliant. Do, please contact us if you have any questions.
What to expect when visiting Holdenby House Gardens this season?
We are so excited to be able to welcome you back to Holdenby. During your visit you can expect to take in our beautiful & historic Grade I listed gardens including the working kitchen garden, King Charles’ Walk, Silver & fragrant borders and see the original Base Court Arches of the house from 1583. As an added extra and to help with our one-way system Icarus Falconry Centre will also be open, allowing you to view their majestic collection of birds of prey.
In order to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff we have carried out a COVID risk assessment. It means that your visit will be a little different to your past visits to Holdenby but both safe and enjoyable. Here’s what you need to know
1. For the time being, we are only opening on Sundays and August Bank Holiday Monday from 11-4pm to ensure that visits are safe and controlled. We regret that it is not possible to open the House at this time.
2. Admission by pre-booked tickets only. Please use the Book Tickets button below. Historic House Members please follow the guidance in point 11.
3. Upon entry, you will be asked to read out your ticket number. You can either print a copy of your tickets or keep a copy on your phone. (To avoid excess contact, we will not be taking the tickets from you upon arrival)
4. There will be hand sanitisers available at the entrance and in the toilets and sneeze screens at the entrance booth. Face coverings are not compulsory for your visit, however, if you wish to wear one you may do so.
5. There will be a one-way system around the gardens to preserve social distancing. Please follow the arrows and observe all notices. There will be a free map and a description of the gardens available.
6. This route does contain gravel and several steps, and we hope you understand that regrettably, it will not be suitable for wheelchair access at this time. We will, however, continue to consider alternatives. Pushchairs may still be possible but are likely to need to be partially or fully carried in some places.
7. Connie’s Tea Parlour will be available offering a limited menu. Further details can be found HERE.
8. The toilets will be open and cleaned throughout the day and there will be a one in, one out policy to ensure social distance is maintained.
9. For the safety of our visitors and staff, If you or anyone that you have recently come into contact with develops COVID - 19 symptoms or feels unwell, we would ask you not to visit and to stay at home and self-isolate in line with government guidelines. If you cannot attend due to being in self-isolation you will be able to contact us HERE.
10. Currently, only assistance dogs are permitted.
11. Historic House Members will need to pre-book a ticket below using the free “Historic House Member” ticket. You must bring along your ticket number and your Historic Houses pass, otherwise, entry may not be permitted.
Lastly, we cannot wait to welcome you to Holdenby Gardens. We have missed you!