Characters from History
A chance to meet characters from different times in History. Costumed characters tell their story and get children to help them in their daily activities. Amongst the characters you will meet are:
- Elizabeth I - learn about her make-up, her herbs and hygiene (or lack of it).
- Charles I - hear his story and share his pastimes while he was imprisoned at Holdenby.
- Oliver Cromwell - learn how to muster his troops.
- Samuel Pepys - use a quill pen to help him write his diary.
- Florence Nightingale - assist her in her preparations for the wounded soldiers.
- Queen Victoria - hear about her “poor Albert” and help cheer her.
- Beatrix Potter - sketch with Beatrix, plant seeds and visit a special garden.
- A Suffragette – the year is 1918 and she has just been allowed the vote. Come and meet her, hear her story and help her with her plans.
Mix and Match your projects to suit your needs i.e. Queen Victoria with a Victorian Servants day.
This project covers various aspects of the National Curriculum KS1